We are delighted to announce The Red Door Re-Opens this evening. Our new opening times are from 5pm to 9.30pm Thursday and Friday, from 1pm on Saturday and 12pm on Sunday.
These have been worrying times for all of us and we will be very relieved to see you all again. We have been working hard over the last few weeks to ensure safe social distancing in all our rooms and outdoor areas.
The Red Door New Menu
Our Chefs have created a new menu which will be offered each evening and at the weekends. There is something in the menu for everyone including Red Door favourites for starters we have the chicken liver parfait or beef cheeks with Gubeen cheese spring rolls. Mains will include steak, lamb, chicken and seafood dishes.
Our delicious desserts are all homemade and served fresh from our kitchen. How do you like the sound of Strawberry & White Chocolate Delight, with passionfruit gel & bourbon vanilla Ice-Cream or Bramley apple mousse panna cotta, with apple puree, honeycomb, caramel gel, and shortbread.
The Red Door Covid Safety Policy
Our Staff and customer’s health and well-being are taken very seriously at The Red Door Country House. So we are happy to assure you that all guidelines and protocols are in place to ensure your safety whilst visiting us
- Visible markings will guide you safely into our entrance area.
- Upon entrance you will be met with a member of our staff and checked in.
- Sanitization points will be outside and inside entrance areas.
- There is a one-way system in place with entrance through the Red Door and departure through the main reception area.
- We have introduced safe booking and seating arrangements
- All staff have taken part in training to the highest standard, to ensure a safe level of service to all our customers.
- We have increased our cleaning schedules and introduced new sanitization protocols and products
You can read our full Covid Policy here.
No Touch Tech Taps
We are delighted to announce that ladies bathrooms have been updated in the last few weeks and I have to say you will love them. An additional bathroom cubicle has been added and we have installed the latest technology in our sanitary ware which includes no touch sensory taps and hand drier combined. This has been a fantastic addition to our premises, just at the right time. And so that the men don’t feel left out we will be updating theirs shortly.
Terrace & Gardens
Our terrace and gardens have been well taken care of during lockdown. The setting is stunning with breathtaking with views over Lough Swilly. Our terrace has fabulous furniture with comfy seating for you to enjoy during your visit. Although you cant book the outdoor terrace for dining, if you have a restaurant reservation and the weather is favourable, you are more than welcome to dine on the terrace area. In addition there is seating in the courtyard which is a real sun trap at any time of the year.